With a Decision pending we have been receiving phone calls from Building Owners, Homeowners, Landlords etc. asking is my property covered if (it could be any of the following losses – riot, looting, vandalism) happens?  The answer is generally yes.  Even policies with the Basic Coverage Form (the Form that provides the least amount of coverage) includes coverage for the aforementioned.   There is also no "Standard" exclusion for this coverage.  However, it is still best to check with your agent for clarification in case the Carrier has developed their own form excluding the coverage.

Let's hope for a peaceful response. 

Since this Blog has an international readership modestly described as massive, I do have to mention I am referring only to Insurance in the U.S.

Posted by Dan Hebbeln: dan@hebbeln-ins.com

Posted 11:34 AM

Share |

No Comments

Post a Comment
Required (Not Displayed)

All comments are moderated and stripped of HTML.
Submission Validation
Change the CAPTCHA codeSpeak the CAPTCHA code
Enter the Validation Code from above.
NOTICE: This blog and website are made available by the publisher for educational and informational purposes only. It is not be used as a substitute for competent insurance, legal, or tax advice from a licensed professional in your state. By using this blog site you understand that there is no broker client relationship between you and the blog and website publisher.
Blog Archive
  • 2019
  • 2018
  • 2017
  • 2016
  • 2015
  • 2014

View Mobile Version