We are due to have a bit of weather over the weekend in St. Louis so it is a good time to mention some worksafe tips. Exceptional loss prevention can significantly reduce an Employer's Workers’ Compensation Premium. Here are some tips:
- Encourage employees to be extra careful when exiting their vehicle - scan the ground for slick spots
- Create safe walkways into your building. Pre-treat walkways with ice melt prior to storm
- Inspect walkways often for additional ice and snow buildup throughout the day
- For employees working outside, wear shoes with heavy tread
- Advise other employees to avoid heals and leather soled dress shoes - sneakers are fine on snowy/icy days
- Check entrances for slip and fall hazards caused by melted snow tracked in by employees (keep a mop near by).
- Have a safety talk discussing winter safe driving with your drivers
- Make certain vehicles are equipped with good tires, wipers and operable Windshield defogger/defrosters
- Use handrails when going up and down loading docks
Need an easy way to convey the above to your talented team? Hit that share button below it will pull down an email option – send group email and "Bang" you are done! Take that OSHA!!
Posted by Dan Hebbeln: firstname.lastname@example.org